How to Find the Best Currency Exchange in Carousel
It's not often you get all your currency exchange options within a stone's throw away from each other. Despite the varied selection of places to buy travel money in Carousel, there are essential money-saving tips you should know before using a bank or even a money changer.
How to exchange currency without getting ripped off
This is usually the cheapest way to buy currency, but you need some time. You can choose where to pick the order up from or get it home delivered.
Home or Office Delivery
- You can pay by Bpay or bank transfer.
- It takes up to 7 days depending on your location.
- Choose your cash denominations like small, medium, large or mixed
- Foreign Xchange usually has better exchange rates than Travelex.
Click and Collect
- Don't pay by card. There is card processing fee. You can avoid it by using Bpay instead.
- It takes 2-7 days depending on how you pay and where you pick it up from.
- Travelex have the most pick-up locations including Australia Post and every major airport.
This is the best way to get currency quickly. You will find them in major shopping centres and towns.
- Use a discount coupon to get $10 off from Travelex stores
- The exchange rates are better in your CBD. So it can be worth going there if you're exchanging more than $2,000
- Always ask for a better rate. We've found you can often get a better deal just by asking, particularly if you're buying more than $100
Carousel has a range of different money changers:
Travel Money Oz : Westfield Carousel, 1123-1124/1381 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA 6107
Travelex : Shop 1060, Westfield Carousel, 1382 Albany Highway, c/o Helloworld, Cannington, Perth WA 6107
American Express Currency Exchange: (Inside Australia Post) Westfield Carousel Centre, Shop 1097, 1348-1386 Albany Hwy, Cannington, WA 6107
When should you head to the bank to exchange money? If you are looking to exchange an uncommon currency, it's likely you'll get a better rate at the bank. Generally, anything besides USD, EUR, NZD and JPY are considered uncommon in Australia. Banks tend to have a larger stock of a variety of currencies, hence making it easier and cheaper to get.
The big 4 banks in and around Westfield Carousel:
ANZ: 1336 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA 6107
CBA: 20 Cecil Ave, Cannington WA 6107
Westpac: Carousel Shopping Centre, 88/1358 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA 6107
NAB: Westfield Carousel, 1382 Albany Highway, Cannington WA 6107
To work out if a bank is the cheapest way to buy your currency, make sure you compare exchange rates.
Our Verdict: When buying less common currencies like the Argentine peso, an Australian bank may turn out to be the cheapest option.
Travel Cards, Money Transfers and Other Situations
Can I send money overseas from anywhere in Cannington?
While you have the option to send money overseas at a bank or money changer, it usually isn’t the best way to transfer money.
There are many different choices so we recommend doing your research online before deciding what is right for you.
Can I buy a Travel Money Card in Cannington?
You can buy a travel money card over the counter at most banks or money changers. While buying the travel money card on the spot is seemingly convenient, your name would not be on it. Another way is to order and load your card online and arrange a time and place to pick it up.
Compare Travel Cards