5 Similar Money Transfer Alternatives to XE
XE is easy to use and offer good exchange rates, but other companies can do the same. In this article, we take a look at companies that offer similar services to XE to see how they stack up.
5 Similar Sites to XE
Below, we’ve listed 5 companies you can use as alternatives to XE. We’ve taken their level of convenience, cost and security into consideration so you can decide who to use for your next international money transfer.
WorldFirst is a UK based company. They offer money transfer services for both individuals and businesses alike. While their headquarters are located in London, they have offices spanning throughout Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Netherlands and USA.
Like XE, WorldFirst doesn’t charge any fees for making an international money transfer. However, unlike XE, WorldFirst does have a minimum transfer amount of $2,000. This means WorldFirst isn’t for you if you want to do smaller money transfer amounts.
- Good exchange rates for amounts between $2,000 and $10,000.
- No direct fees for making a transfer.
- Access to customer service for small business and corporate customers.
Learn more about WorldFirst
TransferWise is a peer to peer money transfer service. This means the way they transfer your money is slightly different to XE. S that, they’re just as secure and their website is even more user friendly. The company’s headquarters is in London and they have offices in New York and Tallinn.
TransferWise is often recognised for its fast transfers and highly competitive exchange rates. As an alternative to XE, TransferWise is a great option for smaller transfers up to $10,000.
- Offers the real exchange rate, based on the mid-market rate.
- Fees are based on a percentage of transfer amount.
- Straightforward and easy to use online through their app.
Learn more about TransferWise
OFX is another excellent alternative to XE. We like them because their rates and fees are generally much lower. You can also make much larger transfers with them, if you need to. However, OFX does not offer cash pick-up as an option.
OFX is also one of the larger global transfer companies. They support international money transfers from over 190 countries in more than fifty currencies. If you’re making an online transfer, it is definitely worth looking at OFX as an alternative to XE.
- Great exchange rates across a range of currencies and amounts.
- Lower fees than XE.
- Access to 24/7 customer support.
Fee Free Offer
The Currency Shop has partnered with OFX to offer fee free money transfers. Click on this offer, register your details and avoid paying a fee to transfer money overseas.
- After 20 years, OFX is one of the oldest money transfer companies and they have the expertise to go with it.
- Their rates are often better than the banks, especially for larger transfers.
- 24/7 phone support.
- They have a minimum transfer amount of $250
- Receiving or intermediary banks may charge fees on transactions
Learn More About OFX
TorFX is a UK based company that are especially good for larger international money transfers. They have offices spanning throughout Australia, the UK, Europe, the USA and South Africa. If you’re making a transfer of more than $50,000, then TorFX is a good option as they have no minimum or maximum transfer limits.
TorFX can be a better alternative to XE in terms of the excellent customer support you receive. While XE has phone support, TorFX are licensed to give personalised advice if you need it when making your transfer.
- They don’t charge any direct fees or commissions.
- Access to a dedicated account manager and excellent customer service.
- Great exchange rates for transfers above $10,000.
Learn more about TorFX
If you have a PayPal account, you've probably already considered making an international money transfer with them. They are one of the world’s most popular payment systems to purchase goods and pay for services. It's a convenient way to transfer money to people in the same country and internationally, especially if they also use PayPal.
So if you’re thinking of using PayPal as an alternative to XE, it’s important to keep a couple of things in mind. Firstly, the person you’re sending money to must also have a PayPal account. Secondly, know that XE will generally be cheaper than PayPal.
- Are good for sending money within the same country, but can be expensive internationally.
- Accept a variety of payment methods.
- If you’ve used them before, the process is straightforward.