1. Circumstances of collection
We collect information about you when you sign up to receive email rate alerts, or contact us via our website, email, telephone or in person. Sometimes we may collect personal information about you from a third party, such as a financial institution.
2. Purposes of collection
The Currency Shop collects personal information about you so that we may:
- provide you with foreign exchange rate comparison services;
- let you know about other products or services we offer, send you information about special offers or invite you to events;
- protect our business and other customers from fraudulent or unlawful activity;
- conduct our business and perform other management and administration tasks;
- consider any concerns or complaints you may have and manage any legal actions involving The Currency Shop;
- comply with relevant laws, regulations and other legal obligations; and
- help us improve the services offered to our customers, and continually enhance our business.
3. Consequences of not providing us with the information
If you don’t provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the benefit of our foreign exchange rate comparison services, or meet your needs appropriately.
4. Who will the information be disclosed to?
The types of organisations to whom we may need to disclose your personal information to include:
- a related entity of The Currency Shop;
- an agent, professional advisor or service provider we engage to carry out our functions and activities, such as foreign exchange contract issuers, money remitters lawyers, accountants, IT managers, and marketing companies;
- foreign exchange contract issuers or other financial service providers;
- organisations involved in a transfer or sale of all or part of our assets or business;
- financial institutions involved in managing our payments, as banks;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts; and
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it or as required by law.
5. Overseas disclosure
We use cloud computing services which means your personal information may be stored on web servers located overseas. These servers may be located in the United States, Brazil, Europe or Asia. We do not disclose your personal information to other overseas recipients. We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients without your consent unless:
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach the Act, or the APPs; or
- the recipient is subject to a similar information privacy regime.
6. Your rights
- you may access the personal information we hold about you;
- you may seek the correction of your personal information; and
- you may complain about a breach of the Privacy Act, including the APPs; and
- The Currency Shop will deal with a privacy complaint.