If you are planning a trip to China, learn about the Australia Post Load&Go China Card in this review to help you decide whether this is the card for you.
Hold your China Yuan and Australian Dollars on one reloadable card
Free to load and reload
No monthly fees
0% commission when you transfer from AUD to CNY
Use UnionPay in more than 140 countries worldwide
Pros & Cons
|Change your PIN via Card Manager||Only redeem your remaining card balance within a year of expiry|
|Free card purchase and reloads||$9.95 replacement or closure card fee|
|Unlimited POS transaction limit||No back-up card sent – $9.95 upon request|
|Exclusive cardholder benefits|
Benefits of the Load&Go China Travel Card
Manage your money
- Add funds, manage your card and see transactions through Card Manager
- Transfer between your AUD to CNY wallets using Card Manager
- Funds in each currency are held in what is referred to as ‘wallets’
- Load and reload funds at the Post Office, via the ‘Pay Anyone’ facility on internet banking or by postbillpay.com.au
- Request card balance and last 3 transactions via SMS
- 6 digit PIN
- Order a back-up card if your primary card is ever lost or stolen
- Withdraw from any ATM showing the UnionPay logo
- Unlimited number of purchases per day
- Exchange rates based on Post Office live rates the date of loading or reloading funds
- Access exclusive cardholder benefits with a range of China travel resources – benefits range from ticket discounts to privileges at hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment.
Currencies and Countries
|Australian dollars (AUD)||Chinese Yuan (CNY)|
|Minimum Load||Maximum Load|
|$100||$10,000 ($50,000 over 12 months)|
|ATM Withdrawal Limit (24 hours)||POS Transaction Limit (24 hours)|
|AUD 2,500 (or currency equivalent)||
All prices are in AUD
|Card Purchase||Replacement or Back-up card||Reload Funds|
|Foreign Currency Conversion*||Negative Balance||Card Termination|
|3% of transaction value||Incur costs and interest||$9.95|
|Inactivity Fee||Transaction Fee||Emergency Cash Transfer|
|Free||$0.09 applies with purchases made in AUD||$5.00|
* Foreign currency conversion is charged when you spend in a currency that is not loaded in the card
|ATM Withdrawal Fees|
Emma is flying out to China to teach English for 4 months. She doesn’t want to use her Australian Debit bank card out there, or carry cash around with her. She also feels nervous about the security of her money being so far from home.
Emma researched before her travels and found out about the Australia Post Load&Go China card. She read that it was completely free to load and reload, as well as having a 6-digit PIN and ability to order a back-up card if hers went missing. This meant that Emma could load her AUD onto the card, and lock in the exchange rate, so she knew exactly how much CNY she had on her arrival.
What Emma also found out when she got to China was that her card offered her benefits like discounted tickets, and privileges for hotels and dining.
How To Apply for the Load&Go China Travel Card
Order your card online and have it delivered to your doorstep
Set up your card
Verify your identity
In a hurry? Buy in-store at an Auspost closest to you
Recommended For You
This calculator helps you compare exchange rates and fees of banks and travel money specialists.
Find out the best ways to exchange money. We will show you the cheapest places to buy currency, where to find the best exchange rate and how to get your holiday money online or in store.
We’ve had a good look through a dozen of the most widely used Travel Cards and came up with some tips that might save you some money.