Citibank Plus Everyday Account Review
Used within Australia, the Citibank Plus Everyday Account is what it suggests – good for everyday use. What really makes it stand out is how it works when you use it overseas.
- Transfer funds to friends and family anywhere in the world for free.
- You withdraw money from any ATM overseas and are not charged a Citibank fee or FX transfer fee.
- Withdraw money for free at over 3000 ATMs Australia-wide.
- It has no monthly fee or minimum opening balance.
Using the Citibank Plus debit card for travel overseas
- Excellent exchange rates.
- ZERO fees from Citibank – although you might be charged if you use another banks ATM.
It might not seem like much, but these two features can save you a heap of money compared to most other Australia debit and credit cards.
Remember, it is a debit card. So after you've applied, received it in the mail and activated it, you will have to transfer Australian dollars to it.
For example, if you are heading to Europe and figure you'll spend around $2,000 on the card, then you'll have to transfer $2,000 from another account to the Citibank Plus account before you can use it.
Cash withdrawal overseas
Taking out cash overseas is similar to doing it in Australia. You should be able to use most ATMs but take into account that if you don't use a Citibank ATM, you might be charged an ATM fee by that bank.
Pros and cons of using the Citibank Plus Everyday Account
- No international ATM or transaction fees
- Fee-free international money transfers to any account worldwide.
- SMS notifications through Citi Alert.
- Cash deposits available within 24-48 hours.
- Can’t have two cards active at the same time.
- $5 account closure.
Benefits of the Citibank Plus Everyday Account
- Chip and PIN protected.
- Regular SMS alerts to help you keep track of your money.
- Receive a free bottle of wine from award-winning wineries every time you dine at any Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant and pay with your Citibank Debit Card.
- Transfers to other Citibank accounts overseas are free and instant in 25 countries.
- You can link up to 3 more savings accounts.
- Pay no account fees.
- Get free Citibank Debit card to use with contactless, online, in-store or overseas.
- Use any Citibank, Westpac, St. George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM in Australia, free of charge.
- Pay $0 Citibank fees for any overseas ATM or in-store transactions.
- Fee-free international money transfers to any bank, anywhere.
- Open up to 3 Citibank plus savings account when you hold a Citibank everyday account and earn interest.
Manage Your Money
- Access your Citibank Plus account online (desktop, tablet and mobile), through 24/7 phone banking, or at any Citibank branch.
Fees and Limits of the Citibank Plus Everyday Account
Transaction limits for Citibank Everyday Account
- Daily transfers and withdrawal limit are set at $10,000 for online transfers and $1,000 for ATM or EFTPOS transactions upon opening of the account.
- Please note that you may request to increase your transfer and withdrawal limits, however, it will be subject for review and approval.
- Your account will be marked as inactive after 6-months of you not using it.
All prices are in AUD
- Dishonour of cheques or direct debit: $9
- Request status, trace request or funds transfer: $20
- Account Casual Overdraft: $10
- Foreign Transaction Fee*: 2.5%
- Outward Funds Transfer: $10 (to a bank in Australia) $25 (to a bank overseas)
- Account Closure: $5
*Fee of 2.5% on the AUD dollar conversion of any transaction made in foreign currency. This amount includes a service and assessment fee payable by Citibank to the scheme (where applicable).
AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BTN, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ERN, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP, GEL, GGP, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, IMP, INR, IQD, IRR, ISK, JEP, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LTL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG, SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SPL, SRD, STD, SVC, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TVD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMW, ZWD
How To Apply for the Citibank Plus Everyday Account
Open your Everyday Account online or visit your nearest Citibank branch