RedRate Exchange have branches in both Western Australia and Victoria. Centrally located in the Perth CBD they are an accessible option if you're near the city.
The Currency Shop says:
- RedRate offer very good rates across a number of popular currencies.
- Their website boasts a lot of content and is very informative.
- Use our comparison table to compare online rates for exchanging currency in Australia.
What We Will Cover:
- Fees, charges and commissions
- Payment options
- Exchange rates
- Overseas transfers
- Available currencies
- Travel Cards
- Pros and cons.
Fees, Charges and Commissions
RedRate Exchange do not charge any fees or commissions. To compare the fees and rates of a number of currency exchange providers in Australia, you can use our comparison table and order currency online.
Compare Money Changers Like RedRate
RedRate Exchange will accept both cash and card payments. However, they do charge a 1% surcharge for credit card payments.
RedRate offers competitve rates across a lot of major currencies. The Currency Shop did research in 2017 and found they had the most competitive rates in Perth across most major currencies including USD, GBP and THB. You can use our live rate tracker to get an idea of what the exchange rate is for each currency at the moment.
RedRate Exchange only offer money exchange as a service, they don't allow you to transfer money overseas.
RedRate boasts money exchange for over 50 currencies. These include USD, GBP, EUR, HKD, NZD, INR, IDR, THB, KRW, SGD, CAD. For more information you can refer to their website.
Travel cards are not available from RedRate Exchange. If you are interested in using a travel card, you can refer to the link below.
Should You Use RedRate Exchange?
- Deal with most major currencies
- Competitive exchange rates which beat rates from major banks and a lot of competitors .
- Ability to preorder online and organise a pickup location.
- Surcharge for card payments.
- No travel cards or money transfer services available.
- Not many locations in Perth CBD.
Recommended For You
This calculator helps you compare exchange rates and fees of banks and travel money specialists.
Find out the best ways to exchange money. We will show you the cheapest places to buy currency, where to find the best exchange rate and how to get your holiday money online or in store.
We’ve had a good look through a dozen of the most widely used Travel Cards and came up with some tips that might save you some money.