United Currency Exchange Reviewed
United Currency Exchange was first established in Victoria in 2006. They now have three locations in the Melbourne CBD and one in Sydney. They aim their services at international and budget travellers and deal only with foreign currency exchange.
The Currency Shop says:
- United Currency Exchange are great for purchasing British Currency
- They have generous business hours including weekends.
- Use our currency exchange rate comparison table to compare online rates for exchanging currency.
What We Will Cover In This United Currency Exchange Review:
- Fees, charges and commissions
- Payment options
- Exchange rates
- Overseas transfers
- Available currencies
- Travel Cards
- Pros and cons.
- Deal with most major currencies
- Competitive exchange rates which beat rates from major banks.
- Ability to pre order currency at a good rate if they don’t have it in stock.
- Informative website.
- They only accept cash as payment
- They won’t quote an exact rate over the phone and are difficult to get hold of.
- Not many locations, only in the Melbourne CBD and one location in Sydney.
Fees, Charges and Commissions
United Currency Exchange do not charge any fees or commission when you purchase currency from them. To compare the fees and charges of different Australian providers, refer to our comparison table.
United Currency Exchange will accept only cash as payment. They do allow you to pre order currency from their stores, but payment needs to be made in full and in cash to take advantage of this.
They offer quite competitive exchange rates, however will only quote the exact rate when you’re in store making the purchase. They also boast providing special rates for students, pensioners and airline personnel. You can use our live rate tracker as an indication of what the rate currently is for the currency you’re after.
United Currency Exchange deal only with exchanging cash, they don’t offer an international transfer service.
Travel cards are not available from United Currency Exchange, they deal only with cash.