Learn about the Virgin Velocity Global Wallet in this review to help you decide whether this is the card for you.
Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card
Pros & Cons
|Earn Frequent Flyer Velocity points||Inactivity fee applies|
|Lock in exchange rates||$10 supplementary card|
Benefits of the Virgin Velocity Global Wallet
Manage your money
- Global Wallet Account Centre – allowing you to manage your funds, move money to different currencies, transaction history, account balance etc.
- Or use the Global Wallet App available via itunes or google play
- Load money online or via BPAY
- Move funds between Wallets at the Applicable Exchange Rate current at the time of transfer.
- Chip and PIN protected
- Ability to choose your own PIN
- Allows you to load in foreign currencies as well as AUD
- Access any ATM that accepts Visa – over 30 million worldwide
- Earn Velocity Frequent Flyer points with every purchase transaction in-store or online
- No load fees or monthly/annual account fees on active accounts
Currencies and Countries
| Australia (AUD)
United States (USD)
United Kingdom (GBP)
New Zealand (NZD)
South Africa (ZAR)
| Hong Kong (HKD)
|Minimum Load||Maximum Load*|
*Option to apply for an increased maximum amount if required
|ATM Withdrawal Limit (24 hours)||POS Transaction Limit (24 hours)|
|AUD 2,500 (or currency equivalent)||
All prices are in AUD
|Card Purchase||Initial Load||Reload Funds|
Supplementary card: $10
|Foreign Currency Conversion*||Inactivity Fee||Card Termination|
|3%||$1 after 12 months||Free|
|Negative Balance||Replacement Card|
*Foreign currency conversion is charged when you spend in a currency that is not loaded or supported on the card
|ATM Withdrawal Fees*|
*All balance enquiry fees are free for all currencies
Dave is from the UK but is over for business in Australia for the next two years. He frequently flies home to see his girlfriend, family and friends. He also visits Hong Kong regularly too.
Dave wanted to find out if there was a way to somehow reward himself with his spending and all of his travelling. It would help if he could earn points for the amount he flies home.
What Dave didn’t realise was that he could apply for a Global Wallet through Virgin that would reward him with not only Frequent Flyer points, but no load, monthly or annual fees. He could access any Visa ATM and load money easily online or through the Global Wallet App.
How To Apply for the Virgin Velocity Global Wallet
Request your card through online in three easy steps
Register as a Velocity Member
Request travel card
Activate travel card
Recommended For You
This calculator helps you compare exchange rates and fees of banks and travel money specialists.
Find out the best ways to exchange money. We will show you the cheapest places to buy currency, where to find the best exchange rate and how to get your holiday money online or in store.
We’ve had a good look through a dozen of the most widely used Travel Cards and came up with some tips that might save you some money.