How to Find a Better Exchange Rate at Adelaide Airport
Currency Exchange at Adelaide Airport
There are two ways you can change money:
1. Order your currency ahead of time and pick it up at the airport
This is by far, the cheapest way to buy currency at Adelaide airport. The exchange rates are much better than buying it over the counter.
It's really easy:
- Order your currency online and choose a pick up location as Adelaide Airport
- Pay for it using BPAY (and avoid the card fee!)
- Pick up your ordered currency
Please keep in mind, you'll avoid the card fee if you choose BPAY. The rate is locked in on the day you book the transaction. You can choose your pick up date but if you use BPAY, you'll need to allow at least 3 business days. Also, they offer a better rate for amounts above $2000 but have a maximum transaction size of $5000.
2. From a currency exchange store
Travelex have 3 stores and 1 FX ATM you can use to buy foreign exchange. They are all located in Terminal 1.
- Travelex has 3 outlets in the Arrivals section. One near baggage, on the lower level and in the main section
- Travelex also have one in the Departures section of terminal 1 and an ATM on level 2
Pre Order Currency & Pick Up at Adelaide Airport
Tips to help you get a better rate
Your currency knowledge centre
Is It Cheaper to Buy Currency Abroad?
As a general rule of thumb, holiday destinations that are very popular with Australians tend to be cheaper to buy currency than buying it before you go.
How to Buy Currency: Online Versus In-Store
Buying travel money online is one way to reduce stress and potentially save time – but are there any disadvantages you need to be aware of?
The Ultimate Guide to Currency Exchange in Australia
There is no single way to exchange currency that is always the cheapest. It really depends on what currency you are buying, how much and where you are.