Unimoni Australia Reviewed (formally UAE Exchange)
Unimoni (formally know as UAE Exchange) is part of a larger group of companies that includes Travelex. They predominately buy and sell currency in cash. They also offer international money transfers (through Moneygram) these include: Bank transfer, Xpress Money, MoneyGram and online money transfer via Money2Anywhere.
The Currency Shop says:
- UAE offers fantastic exchange rates but they do not have as many locations as Travelex or Travel Money Oz
- Their website is not easy to use
- If you are sending money overseas, there may be better options.
- Use our currency exchange comparison tool to compare foreign exchange rates, fees and services of other providers.
What we will cover in this Unimoni Exchange Review
We’re most interested in how safe it is to use Unimoni, how they work and when you should use them. In this article, we’ll explore:
- Who owns Unimoni
- Common fees, charges and commissions
- What about Travel Cards?
- Should you use Unimoni?
- Exceptional exchange rates. Particularly on US dollars.
- No fees or commissions
- Limited locations
- No credit card facilities
- Basic website with no ability to make an overseas money transfer
Who owns Unimoni
Unimoni is owned by Finablr, a financial company that owns many well known brands like Travelex and UAE Exchange. The company listed on the London stock exchange in 2019 with an implied valuation of about 1.23 billion pounds, making it one of the largest foreign exchange businesses in the world.
Common fees, charges and commissions
Unimoni does not charge a commission to buy travel money.
Do they accept credit cards?
Unimoni Exchange Rates are very competitive and much better than most Australian banks. Unlike many money exchangers, the rates change in store throughout the day.
To see the latest exchange rates offered through Unimoni, visit their website here.
Please note that their exchange rates may vary from store to store.
What about Travel Cards?
You can purchase the Multi-currency Cash Passport through Unimoni in store. It’s a matter of filling in an application form in-store and attaching acceptable photo identification, along with your set-up card load.