The Best Ways to Buy Foreign Exchange in Belmont
If you are wondering whether you can get a good exchange rate and buy travel money in Belmont, you’ve come to the right place. We discuss the best method for exchanging money within Belmont.
Currency Exchange in Belmont
This is usually the cheapest way to buy currency, but you need some time. You can choose where to pick the order up from or get it home delivered.
Home or Office Delivery
- You can pay by Bpay or bank transfer.
- It takes up to 7 days depending on your location.
- Choose your cash denominations like small, medium, large or mixed
- Foreign Xchange usually has better exchange rates than Travelex.
Click and Collect
- Don't pay by card. There is card processing fee. You can avoid it by using Bpay instead.
- It takes 2-7 days depending on how you pay and where you pick it up from.
- Travelex have the most pick-up locations including Australia Post and every major airport.
This is the best way to get currency quickly. You will find them in major shopping centres and towns.
- The exchange rates are better in your CBD. So it can be worth going there if you're exchanging more than $2,000
- Always ask for a better rate. We've found you can often get a better deal just by asking, particularly if you're buying more than $100
Belmont has a range of different money changers:
Travel Money Oz : G160, Belmont Forum Shopping Centre, 227 Belmont Avenue
Travelex : Belmont Forum, Shop 63, Belmont Forum Shopping Centre, Abernethy Road, Belmont WA 6104
If you need foreign exchange for less common currencies like Thai Baht (THB) or Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), these stores can sometimes hold a limited stock and their exchange rates are less competitive. Contrary to popular belief, using an Australian bank to buy your overseas holiday cash isn’t always the most expensive option. In fact, it can sometimes be the cheapest way to buy it.
There are 4 banks within the Belmont / Cloverdale area:
ANZ: 216 Belmont Ave, Cloverdale WA 6105
CBA: 229 Knutsford Ave, Cloverdale WA 6105
Westpac: 215 Belmont Ave, Cloverdale WA 6105
NAB: 193 Wright St, Cloverdale WA 6105
To work out if a bank is the cheapest way to buy your currency, make sure you compare exchange rates.
Our Verdict: When buying less common currencies like the Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), an Australian bank may turn out to be the cheapest option.
Travel Cards, Money Transfers and Other Situations
Can I send money overseas from anywhere in Belmont?
While you have the option to send money overseas at a bank or money changer, it usually isn’t the best way to transfer money.
There are many different choices so we recommend doing your research online before deciding what is right for you.
Can I buy a Travel Money Card in Belmont?
You can buy a travel money card over the counter at most banks or money changers. While buying the travel money card on the spot is seemingly convenient, your name would not be on it. Another way is to order and load your card online and arrange a time and place to pick it up.
Compare Travel Cards