Where to Find a Great Currency Exchange Rate in Bondi Junction
It is possible to exchange money in Bondi Junction at a good exchange rate. There’s a range of options to consider – buying currency online, through money changers like Travelex or Travel Money Oz, or at a bank. With so many options available, there is no need to travel into the Sydney CBD to find the best exchange rate.
How to exchange currency without getting ripped off
This is usually the cheapest way to buy currency, but you need some time. You can choose where to pick the order up from or get it home delivered.
Home or Office Delivery
- You can pay by Bpay or bank transfer.
- It takes up to 7 days depending on your location.
- Choose your cash denominations like small, medium, large or mixed
- Foreign Xchange usually has better exchange rates than Travelex.
Click and Collect
- Don't pay by card. There is card processing fee. You can avoid it by using Bpay instead.
- It takes 2-7 days depending on how you pay and where you pick it up from.
- Travelex have the most pick-up locations including Australia Post and every major airport.
This is the best way to get currency quickly. You will find them in major shopping centres and towns.
- Use a discount coupon to get $10 off from Travelex stores
- The exchange rates are better in your CBD. So it can be worth going there if you're exchanging more than $2,000
- Always ask for a better rate. We've found you can often get a better deal just by asking, particularly if you're buying more than $100
Bondi Junction has a range of different money changers:
Travel Money Oz: Shop 1039, 500 Oxford Street
Travelex: Kiosk 03A Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford St, Bondi Junction.
Redrate Exchange: 1/157-165 Oxford St, Bondi Junction
All things considered, banks can be a blessing in disguise. The exchange rates for uncommon currencies tend to be better than at money changers. This is because banks typically have larger stocks of a range of currency. So if you’re exchanging currencies that are not USD, EUR, JPY or NZD, head to the bank.
Banks in Bondi Junction:
ANZ: 410 Oxford St, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
CBA: Cnr Oxford & Newland Sts, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Westpac: 26/28 Hall St, Bondi Beach NSW 2026
NAB: Westfield Bondi Junction, 1/500 Oxford St, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
To work out if a bank is the cheapest way to buy travel money in Bondi Junction, make sure you compare exchange rates.
Our Verdict: When buying less common currencies like Danish Krona (DKK) or Canadian Dollar (CAD), an Australian bank may turn out to be the cheapest option.
Travel Cards, Money Transfers and Other Situations
Can I send money overseas from anywhere in Bondi Junction?
While you have the option to send money overseas at a bank or money changer, it usually isn’t the best way to transfer money.
There are many different choices so we recommend doing your research online before deciding what is right for you.
Can I buy a Travel Money Card in Bondi Junction?
You can buy a travel money card over the counter at most banks or money changers. While buying the travel money card on the spot is seemingly convenient, your name would not be on it. Another way is to order and load your card online and arrange a time and place to pick it up.
Related: Compare Travel Cards